Edited to add:
Please join me in an escape to beautiful Ubud for a week of creativity, indulgence, community and inspiration.
This creative women's retreat offers you the chance to gather with likeminded women in a magnificent and spiritually nourishing environment. The week's explorations, day trips and classes share a textile arts theme but there is also ample opportunity for other activities including sightseeing, yoga, relaxing, swimming or sitting and stitching and enjoying the company of other crafty creative women.
- 7 nights/8 days accommodation in a beautiful lush riverside resort nestled in the side of a hill within ten minutes walking distance of Ubud in a Garden Room or Superior Room. Rooms include ensuite bathrooms, safety deposit box, air conditioning, tea/coffee facilities, free wifi, robes, slippers, toiletries, hairdryer). The resort has two pools, a dedicated restaurant, spa and open air yoga room.
- pick up and drop off to and from the airport
- welcome drink on arrival
- fruit basket on arrival in your room
- daily bottled water in your room
- daily breakfast
- daily lunch or dinner at the resort, dependent on the day's schedule
- daily yoga session (yoga mats provided)
- one 1-hour massage
- 30% discount on any additional massages or spa treatments at the resort
- scheduled shuttle service in and out of Ubud if you don't want to take the short walk into town
- a traditional water purification ceremony at a Balinese temple
- a textiles lecture/class at the Indonesian Textile Arts Centre 'Threads of Life'
- a batik and natural dye workshop, including lunch, in the Bebali Foundation's studio and dye garden
- a full day trip with our guide featuring visits to a weaving village (one of only three locations in the world where the rare double ikat weaving is practised), a 1000 year old temple, a batik gallery/workshop, a traditional Balinese family compound, and lunch at a restaurant overlooking magnificent terraced rice paddies and a volcano
- several free timeslots throughout the week including two entire days for independent sightseeing, exploring, relaxing, swimming, shopping, etc
- the opportunity to extend your stay at the resort before and/or after the retreat, at a special room rate
A deposit will be required in June, with the balance due in August.
If you have not been to Bali before, a treat awaits you. The Balinese are a happy, friendly and gentle people who love to share with your their beautiful island with its rich spiritual life and cultural traditions.
I do hope you will join me on the inaugural retreat | recreate
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or an expression of interest.
Some photos to whet your appetite!
Garden Room (exterior shot)
Superior Room (same as Garden Room but on the first floor)
All photos by Bali Wellness Retreat or Susan Rees-Osborne, used with permission.