available! The schedule has been tweaked and improved, with an
all-new day trip and visits to several new locations.
Please join us on this exciting and educational escape to beautiful
Ubud for a week of creativity, indulgence, community and inspiration.
This creative women's retreat offers you the chance to gather with
like-minded women in a magnificent and spiritually nourishing
environment. The week's explorations, day trips and classes share a
textile arts theme but there is also ample opportunity for other
activities including sightseeing, yoga, relaxing, swimming or sitting
and stitching and enjoying the company of other crafty creative women.
This retreat is open to women of all ages, from all over the globe.
The retreat price includes:
• 7 nights/8 days accommodation in a beautiful lush riverside resort
nestled on the side of a hill* within ten minutes walking distance of
Ubud. Rooms include ensuite bathrooms, safety deposit box, air
conditioning, tea/coffee facilities, free wifi, robes, slippers,
toiletries, hairdryer). The resort has two pools, a dedicated
restaurant, spa and several yoga and meditation rooms.
• pick up and drop off to and from the airport
• welcome drink on arrival
• fruit basket on arrival in your room
• daily bottled water in your room
• most meals
• daily yoga session (yoga mats provided)
• one 1-hour massage
• 30% discount on any additional massages or spa treatments at the resort
• scheduled shuttle services into Ubud's centre if you don't want to
take the short walk into town
• a traditional water purification ceremony at a Balinese temple
• a fascinating textiles lecture/class at the Indonesian Textile Arts
Centre 'Threads of Life'
• a batik and natural dye workshop, including lunch, in the Bebali
Foundation's studio and dye garden
• a full day trip with our guide featuring visits to a 1000 year old
temple, a traditional Balinese family compound, a weaving workshop, a
visit to Bali's most important textiles market, and lunch at a
restaurant overlooking magnificent terraced rice paddies and a
• another full day trip hosted by Threads of Life staff to visit a
double-ikat weaving village (one of only three locations in the world
where this rare weaving technique is practised) and to an endek and
songket weaving village where we will also meet the author of Kain
Bebali: Sacred Cloth and learn about the increasingly rare striped
bebali cloth. Lunch is included.
• several free timeslots throughout the week for independent
sightseeing, exploring, relaxing, swimming, shopping, etc
• the opportunity to extend your stay at the resort before and/or
after the retreat, at a special room rate.
The retreat price does not include:
Airfares, travel insurance (compulsory), visas, the few meals not
scheduled, alcoholic beverages, expenditure of a personal nature, tips
and gratuities, and any additional classes or excursions you may wish
to schedule in your free time (eg. a trip to Denpasar to the famous
fabric shopping strip, sightseeing tours, other craft classes, etc).
If you have not been to Bali before, a treat awaits you. Bali is a
beautiful island with a rich spiritual and ceremonial life and
fascinating cultural traditions.
We do hope you will join us!
Susan Rees-Osborne and Susan Keeble
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, to register
for a place on the 8 - 15 October 2016 Bali textiles retreat, or to receive a detailed day-to-day itinerary.
* Please note, the resort is located on the side of a steep ravine and features many (many) steps. This retreat is not suitable for those in wheelchairs or with mobility issues.
Don't forget to follow retreatrecreate on Instagram and like our Facebook page!